The Soho Neighbourhood Plan is ready for referendum and public vote.
Read the final Soho Neighbourhood Plan here.
Plan for Soho;
- Safeguards Soho’s spirit
- Supports independent businesses
- Places emphasis on greening and conservation
- Supports residential community growth
- Promotes walking and cycling
- Supports improvement in waste services
- Supports improved air quality
- Safeguards social housing
- Supports live music
Who can vote?
- All residents on the voting register
- All business (not individual employees) who pay business rates
Otherwise please register to vote via the QR code on the flyer above for either postal or in-person voting or link below.
Soho businesses will be contacted by Westminster City Council and sent an electoral pack to register to vote either in person or by proxy.
About the Plan…
As part of the 2011 localism act, the Soho Neighbourhood Plan was formed as a business group in 2015, with a steering group made up of 8 residents and 8 businesses.
The Plan was created grassroots up, via public surveys, policy groups breakfast meetings and direct public engagement in Soho square and Berwick Street market to capture local views over the last 7 years on planning, heritage, culture, night time economy, the environment, housing and more.
The Plan has been extensively consulted on, both locally and by Westminster Council and is in line with Westminster’s City plan and the Mayor of London’s plan.
If you would like to hear more about the plan before you vote, please join the public meeting at St Anne’s Church, Community Hall, 55 Dean St. Soho W1D 6AF on Tuesday 13th July at 6pm.
Please register to vote now via the flyer and share this with your friends and neighbours.